Just wanted to share an ongoing addiction in our home. It's always a great thing when you can find something that the kids LOVE to eat that has absolutely no junk in it.
I'm getting daily requests for these smoothies, and have been for a long, long time! In fact, the recipe for these is probably already on this blog somwhere-haha!
IN THE BLENDER:
fill about 2/3 full of tropical mixed fruit (I get it frozen from ALDI- it has strawberries, pineapple, mango and papaya in it)
1 ripe banana
1 scoop of vanilla soy protein powder (milk free- I get this from TraderJ's)
1 Tbsp. flax seed (I get it from the health food store in bulk- raw, store it in the freezer)
Fill in the "gaps" with a 100% juice blend (we like Dole's Orange_Peach_Mango or Orange_Strawb._Banana juice blends. Add just enough juice that it swirls nicely in the blender.
NO need for ice or sugar- the frozen fruit it just the right amount of cold and it's plenty sweet on it's own!
3 comments:
YUM...we've been into smoothies too. but I like your flavor ideas. Mmm, mmm.
Wow..this sounds yummy!! =)
Sounds great! I just bought a frozen mix of fruit similar to this with smoothies in mind. I like having an official recipe to try. My smoothies tend to be of the "throw in a little of this and a little of that" variety. :)
Post a Comment