The number is from a local area code, so I figured it was a repairman (maybe the dishwasher guy...finally?!) or doctor's office or something. Well, the mysterious number did leave a voicemail, so I listened to it as I got ready to head out to the high school.
It started with about a minute of mumbly shuffling, so right away I assumed my number had been dialed by mistake. Shortly after that minute was through, I heard a rather angry male voice scolding what apparently was a group of foolish schoolchildren who did not go outside during the dual earthquake-fire drill. He asked someone to "shed some light on the subject".

Something was mentioned about a story regarding water on someone's pants causing the holdup for getting out the door, and another excuse had to do with the door itself being blocked by student traffic. This part was quite muffled, as the child doing the explaining was a distance from the phone-in-pocket.
Then the male voice returned with "Well, was the water on the pants a good story? I sure hope so because it's the LAST ONE you would HEAR if this had been real today!"
I spent the next few hours pretty confused about what conversation I had the opportunity to accidentally eavesdrop on. I listened to the message a few more times but really couldn't make heads or tails through someone's pocket.
However, all was put to rest when I picked the male children (remember, we have 4 after school each day with Wilsonator's friend 'E-man' staying with us until 5:30). I asked Mr. Wilson if they happened to have a fire drill today.
"Uh, yes. Did you get 'the phone call'?" (um- I was SUPPOSED to get that phone call?)
So the 4th grade dudes filled me in, and they continued to reveal that the people at the front of the line stopped to tell a story and blocked the doorway, allowing my sweet boys in the back to burn and be covered in cinderblocks from the earthquake-fire.
Eeeesh.
The swishing sound was their concerned teacher marching the lot of them down to the principal's office. I happened to be the last parent that he'd called, and my phone was busy, so he accidentally didn't hang up and the rest went to my voicemail.
E-man's mom and I decided that NEXT time, we'd like to see them in the principal's office again...but only for pushing all the chatty children and themselves out the door while screaming at the top of their lungs that this is an EMERGENCY for goodness sakes!!!!
the end.
*oh, and don't worry-we're laughing about it now, however I'm not sure we should be! ☺