Tuesday, December 30, 2014

oh, and that Christmas bread~


 The candy cane bread has been coming out of the Johnson household oven for almost 20 years now, but I thought it would be fun to post a 10 year comparison (well, that and the older photos are still in analog in my closet).  I'm getting to be fond of the fact that the recipe makes 2 large candy canes, as the growing bunch wipes out the first one in a matter of minutes.  As much as they all love it, I have stayed true to making it just once a year so we can savor the flavor. ;)

Xanman is on the letter "o" this year, so I opted to make his dairy-free Christmas bread into a tea ring style.  He polished about half of it off on Christmas Day and burned himself clean out of it!  I'm still hopeful that by the time he reaches the lat "n" of his last name, he can have the candy cane roll with us without breaking out in hives.

No comments: