Monday, April 4, 2011

modern conveniences


Since the motor in our dishwasher has been dying a slow death, the machine has recently been converted into a drying rack for handwashed dishes. Rayzer has been most eager to be my assistant, and even small fights have broken out recently over who GETS TO HELP wash the dishes. Don't worry- it's one of those novelties that is quickly wearing off.


Just another one of those things we take for granted, but I'm also reminded of an article my sweet mother-in-law sent me awhile back about how the ladies of the family used to gather around the sink after a meal and unload all their emotions through the suds, soggy hands, and towels together. I think Sis and I could really benefit from this...and yet there she goes grabbing a paper plate again.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yay for blog postings! Welcome back to blog world, it will be fun to keep in touch better...hope the dishwasher can be resuscitated/replaced soon. ;) Hugs to you all! Miss you guys.

Kris said...

Thanks, Anna. We're still "enjoying" a sink bath for the dishes, but hopefully soon we'll have a humming motor!