Sunday, April 3, 2011

well hello there

If there is a face of the earth, I've apparently climbed back on the blogland version of it. We'll see how this goes. (yes, I'm like all the rest who have to give some sort of excuse-feel free to insert thy reproofs accordingly) The boys just began there last 9 week quarter of school for the year. They're ALMOST starting to count down the days to summer. However, they all have enjoyed this school year a great deal. No lack for drama- to be sure, but it is already full of great memories. In the past 2 weeks, we've had a show-and-tell item (borrowed from another brother without permission) get stolen, and (thankfully) returned. Now there are 5 of us in the family wearing corrective lenses, and our little dude was pleased as potatoes that he has been allowed to complete the last 9 weeks as a bonafide kindergarten student (which means he can move on to 1st grade next fall). Sis and I have traveled the roller coaster of our first year as teacher and student (and student and teacher in many respects, if you know what I mean). We are truly thankful for God's direction in taking this venture on in the middle school years, and are convinced that it has definitely been the right thing for our family. We spend Tuesdays and Thursdays in a homeschool co-op, so she has classes and neat friends to hang out with through the week. The fabulous field trips and homeschool connections here are an added bonus, as we got to attend an Anne Frank play a few weeks ago, go ice skating, and are hoping to hit one of the zoos this Friday. I see an art gallery trip ahead sometime in May (one in downtown Charlotte has an original N.Rockwell- you've gotta come see it, Grammy!)

Having 2 kitties in the house has been, well, interesting. Sis adopted them at the start of her school year last August, and they will turn 1 at the end of this month. They are a delightful brother and sister pair, and I fully realize now why Mom insisted that "pets are for outside". *sigh*


Well, I may be backtracking for awhile on here, but it's just as well to forge ahead. Our wonderful Lord has much in store, so thanks for stopping by either way!

3 comments:

grammy4him said...

Yea!! Do you make pages anymore?? Missing them as well. I need to do better, too, with my blog. =)

Kris said...

I am working on finishing Kali's scrapbook, then I'll try to get going on my 2010 daily photo book. I might pop a few of those pages in if they seem relevant/worth reminiscing.

Janna said...

WELCOME BACK!!! I definitely have missed updates on your family! And hooray for surviving your first year of homeschooling!;o)

Thank you for the encouraging words you have sent my way concerning moving, they have definitely done my heart good. Have a wonderful day!